Senior Software Engineer
Bang & Olufsen
Are you an experienced software developer, and would you like to put your talent to use at one of the best-known global luxury brands? Does it sound appealing to influence the future Bang & Olufsen products through cutting-edge technology? Would you like to work in an informal cross-functional environment?
Join an agile SW team in R&D
You will join the Software team in the Bang & Olufsen R&D department at one of our offices in Struer or Lyngby. We are responsible for developing software for a broad portfolio of products. You will have the opportunity to impact the lives of Bang & Olufsen customers, through the software you help develop. We deal in magical moments and experiences like no one else, so join us if you also want to feel the pride and passion, which comes from seeing products like the Beolab 90 come to life.
We are a total of 60 people in the software department of which approximately 35 developers. We expect to expand with 15-20 developers in 2016.
Employ your SW knowledge to support the business
As Senior SW Engineer, you will be part of an agile SW team. Your scope of tasks will include technology clarifications, architecture, design, implementation, quality assurance and documentation. Thus, you help ensure robust SW solutions are deployed in a wide range of products.
In the SW team, you will be part of a dynamic and informal development environment, where you - in addition to the SW Team - will work closely with dedicated people from both our Product Management and Concept teams, as well as HW Engineers and Technology Specialists on end-to-end solutions. You enjoy taking responsibility, focusing on quality rather than quantity and thrive on empowerment in an agile setting.
Software sorcerer with agile experience
- You have a background as M.Sc. or B.Sc. in Engineering, Computer Scientist or similar.
- Experience with SW development and documentation is necessary.
- You have solid experience within areas like C, C++, Linux, agile principles and test driven development.
- You have experience with unit testing, and software quality assurance is an integrated part of your mind-set when delivering software, preferably Test Driven Development.
- You have experience with component and architectural design patterns, multi-threaded components and designs on a Linux platform, IP based transport strategies and protocols.
- Experience with embedded SW development.
- Your English is at a high level in writing and verbally.
You are able to present, document and communicate your work and your ideas both cross-functionally and internally in the SW team. On a personal level, you thrive in an outgoing role, and you are enthusiastic and enterprising. You always strive to deliver high quality, and finally, you are able to self-manage your own tasks and take responsibility for the results of the team.