Senior Dev Ops Engineer
Liverpool, United Kingdom
GENERAL SCOPE & SUMMARY
Aspect R&D is seeking a DevOps engineer to work on our fraud prevention products deployed in the cloud. This candidate will work on a SCRUM team with the developers and QA engineers and be responsible for engineering the automated deployments of our products to the cloud. Does the below sound like you? If so, join us in bringing blindly fast and feature rich enterprise software to our customer’s finger tips in the cloud!
PRIMARY ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Own your work. You have demonstrated ability to take a problem all the way to implementation, and take pride in what you do. Your work personally reflects on you. You know it and produce high quality output as a result;
- If you don’t like working with people or having your ideas debated openly, this job is not for you;
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written with management, customers, and coworkers;
- You have a track record of not waiting on being told what to do, but rather seeking out how you can help and improve things you touch. You do not allow yourself to be blocked; you find a way;
- As a Principal Engineer you are expected to have significant experience behind you which will inform how you proceed in solving problems you face. We expect you to employ this and continue to learn from mistakes as you go forward;
- The ability to learn quickly is a highly valued skill here. You need to have a proven ability to take in large amounts of not always well structured information and internalize it quickly.
The Engineer in this role will
- Work with the R&D team to engineer deployment process and scripts for our cloud-based product;
- Work with the R&D team to define and implement system and application monitoring of our production network;
- Create and maintain our development and staging environments;
- Work with Cloud Services to deploy changes to production;
- With Cloud Services and Customer Support identify and troubleshoot issues in production;
- Follow Aspect change management procedures.
- DevOps experience on a cloud product;
- Deployment experience in a public cloud, Amazon highly desirable;
- Experience designing, implementing and maintaining Chef scripts for software deployment. Or sufficient knowledge in Ruby with a desire to learn Chef;
- Experience with SQL databases;
- Experience with noSQL databases, Mongo DB highly desirable;
- Experience administering Windows servers;
- Experience implementing and maintaining PowerShell scripts;
- Experience maintaining .Net systems;
- Experience administering Microsoft IIS;
- Experience with log analysis tools like Splunk or SumoLogic.
- Experience with source code management (Git);
- Experience working on a SCRUM team;
- Working on geographically distributed teams;
- Experience implementing and maintaining Unix shell scripts (Bash, Zsh etc).
- 6-8+ years of experience;
- Bachelor’s degree in technical or engineering field. S. in Computer Science, Electronics, Mathematics or related discipline minimum;
- Ability to pass a background check may also be required;
- Physical requirements include sitting for long periods of time;
- Travel to customer sites on need basis;
- Participate in on-call rotation.