User Experience/User Interface Designer
You will join a team of nine industrial designers & UI designers and be involved in all phases of our design process. You will lead UX investigations and/or develop corresponding UI designs for our life-science and analytical software and instruments with our project teams - as the usability advocate. Working from our Waldbronn site located near Karlsruhe at the northern Black Forest, you will work internationally within an interdisciplinary team of software and hardware engineers, scientists, marketing and other experts, at our locations spanning across USA, Europe, China and Australia.
- You work in a newly established UX/UI team and will contribute to its development within a globally established company;
- Conduct workflow analysis for instrument-focused and laboratory software applications;
- Generate intuitive information architecture for the complex analytical lab workflows;
- Transfer the gained insights to support our project-teams by persona, workflow models & use cases;
- Develop & lead usability tests, evaluate results and use them to guide the development;
- Translate your information architecture & ideas into wireframes and prototypes;
- Support the development of detailed specifications for graphical user interfaces, documentation and consistent style guides for different platforms;
- You will work closely with the in-house UX/UI team: contribute, discuss and guide as a creative sparring partner in the globally operating, yet central Usability & Design Center;
- Some international travel required.
- A Diploma, BA or MA degree in UX Design, UI Design, Industrial Design or equivalent;
- Proven track record of experience in UX Design and/or UI Design with insights from completed projects (best from product/instrument/system-related software);
- Mastery of required software tools for UX & UI;
- The ability to work in a multi-disciplined environment;
- A good level of technical understanding;
- You enjoy interdisciplinary teamwork, as well as self-responsible work;
- You can think within complex structures, work goal-orientated and have good communication skills;
- Fluent command of English language.