Senior to Principal Gameplay Programmer
Horsham, United Kingdom
We have an excellent opportunity for a passionate game developer to join our Total War team as a Senior, or Principal Gameplay Programmer. This role will be based at our headquarters in Horsham, in the heart of West Sussex.
You will be working as a key member of the code team on our next unannounced Total War title. In this role, you will be able to make a real impact on our game. You will bring your knowledge and experience to help push the boundaries of our game by collaborating with the wider development team, striving to make our titles better than ever before.
What you’ll be doing
As a highly experienced Programmer, you will be working closely with your peers, using your excellent coding skills and expertise to improve our existing gameplay and craft new and compelling features for future Total War titles.
On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Build and maintain well-engineered C++ code with high levels of stability and performance;
- Use your experience to solve challenging problems, from designing and building entirely new systems to refactoring features to be performant, maintainable and extensible;
- Work together with the design team to help define the technical design of new game features;
- Strive for technical excellence in our codebase and collaborate with your teammates to encourage and uphold high standards across the team;
- Help to drive the technical roadmap of our future titles.
What we are looking for
- Multiple years of games industry experience – ideally including experience of a complete game development lifecycle from pre-production, through to post-release support;
- Excellent C++ programming skillset, with knowledge of the latest language features;
- Ability to write clean, maintainable, extensible and portable code;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Self-motivated with a drive to improve yourself and others;
- A desire to collaborate closely with other disciplines;
- Passion and interest in games and game development.
- Cross-platform development experience;
- Graphics programming experience;
- Experience of leading the technical direction of a commercial game project – contributing to the architectural design and planning features;
- Experience working in a large codebase;
- Broad gaming experience and a sense for good game design;
- An avid gamer, ideally strategy games.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.