Engineering Manager (Mobile Teams)
Our Mobile team is a part of the Applications team. It is a collaborative team of passionate engineers focused on building high-quality applications and introducing new innovative cybersecurity features on macOS, iOS, Android, Windows, and Linux platforms. In addition to applications, our team also takes responsibility for developing browser extensions. We learn and move quickly to deliver new features as fast as possible.
- Take ownership of the architecture, design, development, deployment, and operations of the solution you and other engineers develop;
- Foster a culture of teamwork and knowledge sharing and maintain great engineering practices;
- Together with the team of software engineers, QA specialists, UI/UX specialists, work on creating and maintaining features for a SASE solution - NordLayer;
- Guide multiple squads of software engineers who are building innovative cybersecurity products that reach millions of users each day, help them grow and contribute to the hiring process;
- Discuss business solutions with stakeholders and other engineers, propose alternatives, or validate existing solutions;
- Build, coach, and serve a high-performing team of engineers by coaching, mentoring, feedback, and hands-on career development;
- Enable the team to deliver high-impact, high-value product changes;
- Work together with product teams and other stakeholders to create flows and systems that handle complex engineering efforts;
- Support the further development of an excellent engineering culture guided by our company values and engineering principles;
- Aligning with other engineering teams, making sure you stay on top of changes both internally and externally, so your team works in sync with other teams;
- Collaborating between engineering managers and tech leads across the organization to create symbiotic development alignment;
- Bring a passion for meeting business needs with building technically innovative solutions and excel at shifting between the two - understanding how big-picture goals align with technical details, and vice-versa.
- 2+ years of experience working with software engineering teams;
- At least 2 years of experience managing an engineering team (5+ or more engineers), including hiring, onboarding, and professional development: you’re as good at explaining “why” as you are “how”;
- Openness to collaborate and mentor team members while also sharing practical knowledge and trends;
- Team-spirited, proactive, and able to work in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong communication skills combined with the ability to create clarity;
- Thriving in an environment where you have to make clarity working on complex technical challenges and having the freedom to solve them with your team how you see fit;
- Excellency at planning, creating teams, and overseeing execution to meet commitments and deliver with predictability.
Bonus Points For
- Experience developing and deploying high-quality mobile or desktop applications;
- Experience with VPNs and/or Internet security.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.