Senior Software Engineer API & Client Libraries
Cologne or Remote, Germany
What will you be doing at DeepL?
Thanks to our unique neural networks, DeepL is able to deliver the world’s best translation quality. Many thousands of users use our API to bring our translations into their applications, translating billions of characters per month. To make our AI easy to use, we provide open source libraries in a wide range of programming languages - to date we have released client libraries for Python, .NET, Node.js, PHP, and Java.
You will contribute to our backend services (C#, ASP.NET Core), adding exciting new API features. You will also develop our client libraries and make sure that they deliver value to the developer community.
- Develop and maintain open-source client libraries for the DeepL API in several programming languages;
- Contribute to the development of public DeepL APIs as part of the backend development team;
- Advocate for external developers internally to support the open-source community's work with DeepL;
- Engage in a dialogue with external developers and establish strong community relationships.
- Several years of software development experience with solid knowledge in C# or C++, and interest in learning new languages (like e.g. Python, JS, Ruby, Go);
- A degree in computer science or comparable, alternatively several years of professional experience in software development, but in any case you have successfully built software projects from start to finishing using your own initiative;
- Experience with programming libraries and API design;
- Solid understanding of algorithmic complexity, basic data structures and multithreading;
- The ability to explain complex ideas and designs to developers with a wide variety of experience and backgrounds;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to work with an open-source community;
- Fluent in English, knowledge of other languages is a plus.
We'd especially love to talk if you have one of the following:
- Experience developing and maintaining backend systems;
- Experience maintaining public-facing documentation and tutorials;
- Experience speaking at conferences.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.