Software Engineering Manager, Connected Devices
London or Remote, United Kingdom
You are a Software Engineering Manager with experience building large-scale software applications. You have deep interest in backend or frontend technologies but are comfortable across the whole stack. You are excited about the care, feeding and growth of a high-availability, scalable cloud-based systems. You want to lead a team of software experts in building complex and impactful software systems while keeping your hands in the code. You also enjoy mentoring and growing junior engineers.
Come work in an exciting environment where you use your passion, experience, and analytical skills to help bring new solutions to public safety and leave a positive impact on the world.
What You’ll Do
- Driving the execution of your team by leading planning, prioritization, stand-ups, and team retro meetings;
- Leading the technical direction of the team through architectural discussions and code reviews;
- Working with product managers, senior engineers, and client teams to get ‘ahead of the curve' and explore new opportunities;
- Join forces with recruiting to hire a top-notch engineering team;
- Managing engineers and their careers with 1:1s and performance reviews;
- Execute and deliver new features and improvements to customers on a regular basis;
- Coaching your team for continuous improvements.
What You Bring
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering;
- 3+ years of experience leading software developers building customer-facing software applications;
- A track record of planning and delivering on multiple overlapping projects spanning several months;
- Experience designing and delivering high-available, scalable cloud-based systems;
- Significant software development experience using managed languages such as Java, Scala, Go, C#, or similar;
- Experience working with IoT devices;
- Experience in real-time video system design including compression, image processing and playback;
- Proven ability for coaching and mentoring;
- A passion for communication and collaboration.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.