Software Engineer for Spacecraft Simulators (f/m/d)
Category: Systems and Products Engineering
Who You Are
You are a fan of both computer science and spacecraft missions? You would like to play a role in the existing and coming satellite missions? You would like to work in an international and informal environment?
Telespazio Germany is a center of excellence in the area of Spacecraft Operational Simulators in the space sector, with an expert team that supports our clients to overcome their challenges in the simulation domain and that also leads the evolution of the SIMULUS infrastructure used by customers such as ESOC and EUMETSAT. Currently we are looking for a Software Engineer in order to support our customer EUMETSAT, based in Darmstadt.
We are looking forward to meeting you!
What You Will Focus on
You will be joining our team providing Engineering Services in the area of Spacecraft Simulators for our customer EUMETSAT and participate in activities such as:
- Operational Simulator Software Systems maintenance and operations support;
- Within a formal configuration-controlled development environment, investigate, document, fix, and resolve system anomalies;
- Contribute to the development, evolution and maintenance of in-house systems for the management and life-cycle of Operational Simulators;
- Attendance at technical meetings and formal reviews;
- Test and integration activities such as the creation and execution of test plans and procedures;
- Technical baseline documentation creation and upkeep;
- Contribution to the procurement of operational simulators.
You will be in close contact with the flight control and other teams at EUMETSAT and support them during procedure preparation, training and rehearsal activities.
What You Bring
- Solid software maintenance and software development experience;
- Strong background in analysis, troubleshooting and verification of software issues;
- Familiarity with DevOps practices (Gitlab CI/CD);
- Experience with LInux and Bash scripting;
- You hold a Master's degree or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Passionate about engineering and ground segment operations;
- Positive and professional attitude;
- Team player, reliable and proactive;
- You have a drive to solve problems and improve existing processes.
- Experience with Spacecraft Simulators and/or the SIMULUS framework;
- Experience with other ground segment areas such as Mission Control Systems, TM/TC Databases and Spacecraft Procedures;
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes;
- Experience with Flask and REST APIs;
- Familiarity with CCSDS communication protocols, SLE and/or CFDP;
- Experience with Java and Eclipse RCP;
- Familiarity with the EUMETSAT environment.
What We Offer
All our benefits can be found here: https://www.telespazio.de/en/careers/benefits.
How to Apply
Are you passionate about making an impact, with an open and curious mentality? Get in touch with us today and send us your application!
Your HR Contact for this position is Christian Marusczyk.
Our mail servers are using an antispam module that regularly checks global spam lists. If you are not able to send us an email, it might be because the mail server of your mail provider is listed in one of these lists. We therefore recommend you to use our application form via the "Apply Now" button.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.