Application Software Optimization Engineer, High Performance Computing
AMD - Advanced Micro Devices
Would you like to be part of a world class team enabling applications for one of the world’s mightiest supercomputers? AMD is searching for talented and highly motivated computational scientists to join our team of developers preparing applications for supercomputers in Europe, especially Germany.
This position is the AMD Center of Excellence (COE) support engineer. The primary responsibility is working directly with customer personnel to optimize scientific computing applications for AMD CPU and GPU platforms. A successful candidate must be based in or willing to relocate to Germany.
A computational scientist or engineer with strong GPU programming skills and a demonstrated track record of improving performance for applications and libraries widely used by the scientific computing community. Must be self-motivated and possess the ability to work well within a team environment.
- Develop, port, and optimize high-performance computing software and applications for use on AMD hardware
- Work with other members of the COE team to collaboratively solve issues
- Represent AMD to the customer and other third parties, and act as the customer advocate when presenting to AMD audiences
- Engage with AMD product groups to drive resolution of customer issues
- Develop and present training materials to internal audiences, at customer venues, and at industry conferences
- Excellent customer support skills
- HPC Programming skills, especially in C/C++ and Fortran
- Strong performance analysis skills for both CPU and GPU
- Experience in implementing and optimizing parallel methods on GPU accelerators in distributed memory systems with MPI, CUDA, HIP, OpenMP, etc.
- Experience with analysis and solution of numerical problems typically found in scientific computing applications
- Broad experience creating, adapting, and running workloads with widely used HPC applications.
- Familiarity with installation and setup of various HPC applications
- Experience with build system tools including Make, CMake, autoconf
- In-depth knowledge of software development practices including debug, test, revision control, documentation, and bug tracking
- Strong team development skills including demonstrated expertise with git and Jira
- Experience working with open source projects
- Ability to work well in geographically dispersed teams
- Masters or PhD in Computer Science, Computational Physics, Engineering or related subjects, or equivalent experience
- At least 5 years of relevant industry experience
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.