Lead Test & Quality Assurance Engineer (Chapter Lead)
About the Role
We are looking for a senior and experienced Quality Assurance (QA) engineer to lead one of our engineering chapters, combining people management with hands-on QA activities, ranging from test strategy & coordination, test automation and test execution.
As Chapter Lead, you have the challenge to build a team of engineers and ensure they can grow and evolve within Swift. You will be responsible for the staffing and people management. You will act as a coach, identifying development needs and ensuring knowledge sharing.
Working in an agile context, you also participate to the activities of one squad, using your technical expertise to participate to the QA and overall testing activities of Swift standards solutions used internally by the financial community for integration purposes.
Acting as a Chapter Lead
You are responsible for the leadership of a group of engineers, in terms of staffing, coaching, growing the individuals, sharing best practices & knowledge within the chapter. More precisely, you are expected to:
- Handle people management activities, such as recruitment, assignment of the correct engineering resources, setting objectives, conducting performance appraisals;
- Ensure consistency of technical expertise across the chapter (e.g. Robot Framework, JMeter, Cucumber, Jenkins, UIPath, Maven, other test management tools …);
- Ensure best practices & software testing patterns are applied. Ensure the understanding of current technology and QA practices within the chapter. Follow future trends via education, conferences or articles;
- Create a culture of excellence and continuous learning, of knowledge & experience sharing between the members, allowing professional growth of the chapter members;
- Build a network outside the chapter, maintain relationships with all relevant stakeholders;
- Orchestrate the feedback collection and introduce a positive feedback culture.
Acting as a squad member
You work on the SWIFT Translator product and its integration with the MyStandards portfolio. SWIFT Translator is an essential component leveraged by key customers and market infrastructures to validate and transform message formats. It is also used by Swift for the message processing performed for the financial community. You participate to the activities and the success of the squad, in terms of lead testing engineer:
- You are part of a dynamic team using up-to-date technologies and applying agile software delivery practices;
- You participate to the full product lifecycle. While doing so, you use your expertise to influence the software design and promote good engineering practices in terms of testability, accessibility, scalability, performance;
- You develop test strategies based on documented functional requirements;
- You develop a wide variety of automated tests scenarios and integrate those in a continuous delivery workflow;
- You contribute to the maintenance of the testing infrastructure, the evolution of the testing framework and the manual testing of software solutions;
- You have the opportunity to develop yourself and others in a true BizDevOps agile environment; engaging in the product evolution, covering software architecture, development, quality assurance, security, operations and IT infrastructure aspects.
- Master degree in Information Technology, or equivalent work experience.
Experience and essential knowledge
- At least 6 years of relevant experience in software delivery;
- Senior-level experience in software solutions testing and qualification;
- Experience and expertise on the following activities:
- Automated testing technologies (UIPath, Robot Framework, Sikuli, Cucumber);
- Performance testing tools (JMeter);
- Translation of complex requirements into detailed test strategies;
- Continuous integration and deployment using Jenkins;
- Windows and Linux commands and shell scripting.
- Experience in Agile and Scrum development is an asset;
- Knowledge of financial message standards (ISO20022, FIN) is an asset.
- Capacity to empower, lead and coach a group of IT profiles;
- Strong analytical skills, recognized as subject matter expert;
- Fluent in English (spoken and written), good communication skills;
- Team player, open-minded, curious.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.