Senior Director of Engineering
London, United Kingdom
What You'll Do
We are looking for a Senior Director of Engineering role, a gaming or VFX industry veteran with a strong hands-on experience, to join our engineering team. As a part of the MetaHuman team, you will be representing and leading the engineering group, helping it to grow, improve, plan and prioritize work. At the same time, you will become a part of MetaHuman leadership group, where you will be setting and planning MetaHuman product vision, actively participating in decision making, and messaging big picture across multiple groups.
Our ideal candidate is a passionate individual with experience of working with realistic characters in games or other interactive experiences. Someone who is excited about pushing the limits of what’s possible through applying state of the art research and best engineering practices to build a set of tools that will transform how content gets created and Metaverse populated with relatable characters.
In This Role You Will
- Lead a team of engineering, to whom you will be communicating vision, setting priorities and mentoring;
- Work hands-on with engineering groups across different departments, brainstorming, architecturing solutions, helping in decision making and similar;
- Work closely with the MetaHuman leadership group, building and shaping MetaHuman product vision;
- Play an active role in proposing, setting up, executing and delivering on new initiatives;
- Be a point of contact for cooperation with other Epic teams and initiatives;
- Provide inputs into the product road map, including milestone schedules and deliverables;
- Be accountable for maintenance and improvement of good engineering practices.
What We're Looking For
- 10+ years of experience in the industry, leading big projects and teams;
- Advanced knowledge of C++ and Python programming languages;
- Strong engineering background, with advanced understanding of software architecture, design principles, data structures and algorithms;
- Significant and relevant industry experience, such as game development, computer graphics or VFX with a focus on digital characters;
- Great communication skills, verbal and written, with experience of working in a fast paced environment with cross disciplinary teams;
- Knowledgeable about the state of the art research from the field;
- Experience leading large teams distributed across multiple countries and time zones.
Nice To Have Skills
- Experience working with Unreal Engine;
- Experience working with ML;
- Advanced mathematical skills and ability to have high level conversation with research teams;
- Agile and product oriented mindset.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.