Sr. Manager Engineering
EA - Electronic Arts
The Challenge Ahead
Reporting to the Director of Software Engineering, this is a technical leadership role that offers a recognized expert the opportunity to envision and implement enterprise-level solutions to support EA’s game development teams. These solutions are built upon a cloud-first philosophy and use public cloud services from leading providers such as Azure, AWS and Google. Coupled with the power of the cloud, you will lead small agile teams to architect applications to support thousands of users.
- Lead a team to create the solution and software architecture for high-volume, high transaction applications specifically targeted to support the game development teams across the entire global enterprise;
- Be hands-on leading the team from the front, and a mentor for software engineers in accomplishing architecture, design, and implementation goals;
- You will lead code reviews and provide constructive feedback on design and implementation to help others improve coding skills;
- Take part in any negotiations or discussions regarding the necessary requirements and provide feedback to all parties involved.
- 10+ years of experience developing enterprise level software solutions;
- 7+ years of experience in database development using Microsoft SQL Server or similar RDBMs and related programming data access technologies;
- 7+ years of experience applying design patterns, methodologies and recognized practices like unit testing, dependency injection, test-driven development, continuous integration and delivery;
- 5+ years of experience architecting cloud-based applications using PaaS (Platform as a Service) and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) offerings from leading vendors such Amazon’s AWS and Microsoft Azure;
- 3+ years of people management experience.
- Experience with development methodologies including AgileSolid experience with DevOps in a cloud environment, including automation experience and configuration as code;
- Work in a multi-sourced model using onsite/offshore resources across multiple time zones.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.