Senior Cubesat System Engineer
SPiN - Space Products and Innovation
SPiN is a leading provider of modularity solutions for the space sector. It offers satellite integration solutions to transform satellites into modular systems, empowering satellite manufacturers to spend high-value time and money where it counts: pursuing new ventures. In 2022, SPiN launched its first CubeSat to demonstrate its technology in orbit and opened three more subsidiaries in Italy, the United Kingdom and Luxembourg. More information can be found at http://www.spinintech.com.
The senior cubesat system engineer shall be a part of the system engineering team. This person will be responsible for the technical management of projects and the overall system design, development, and implementation of satellite avionics concepts using MA61C. The system design engineer will join the company to work on the SPiN-2 mission, an IOD project to qualify the MA61C-CubeSat product. MA61C-CubeSat will be connected between the payload and the main platform in this project.
Duties and responsibilities
- Management of technical activities in the project;
- Analysis and consolidation of user requirements;
- Flow down of user requirements to space system requirements;
- Subsystem and software requirements analysis;
- Manage budget and gap analysis;
- Tradeoff between requirements;
- Design of space system and avionics concepts;
- Design of System-level architecture along with development (or support) of CAD model(s);
- Definition and setup of Assembly Integration and Testing (AIT) plan;
- Support in the execution of validation and verification plans;
- Management of production & assembly of electronic components;
- Setup of launch and ground segment architecture;
- Support in launch campaign and satellite operations;
- Participation in solving interdisciplinary challenges;
- Customer support if necessary.
- MSc/PhD in Aerospace engineering or relevant field;
- At least 5 years of experience in space system engineering;
- At least 5 years of experience with the design and integration of CubeSats;
- Knowledge of the range of subsystems along with Conops and space & ground segment architecture;
- Knowledge AIT process: manufacture, assembly, electrical, functional, and environmental tests;
- Experience working with system engineering tools;
- Experience in developing system-level documentation including ICDs, AIT plans, TPs/TRs, equipment lists, FMECAs etc.;
- Experience with Matlab/Simulink or similar programming languages along with basic knowledge of C/C++;
- Experience in thermal and mechanical analysis tools;
- Fluent in English.
- Relocation to Luxembourg;
- Start date: Q1 2024.
Please fill in the application form to apply for this opportunity.
For more information, you can contact us at email@example.com.
Don't forget to mention EuroTechJobs when applying.